Tuesday 16 May 2017

Working Your Socks Off

WHY IT'S IMPORTANT TO WORK HARD


Working hard isn't just about how much you make a year or how many hours you spend at work, Hell no life is hard work and you have to work hard to have a happy and fulfilled life. Especially in my generation I feel like people really underestimate the potential of young people and females and things need to change otherwise the world will be filled with more hate and unhappiness that we really don't need ANYMORE of. 

 Recently I've realised how much I compare what I'm achieving to other people and that's my first flaw. I work equally as hard as these other people and yes they may be getting all the things I'm aiming for but that just means that my time hasn't come and hopefully if I keep worrying about myself rather than what that other person are doing I will develop and gain the achievements that I want to achieve. I've had a few things said to me by people (important people in my life) that I've been negative and that I need to stop worrying about things I can't control and yes at first I was like wtf and now I'm completely getting what they are saying and I'll tell you now it's such a weight lifted of my shoulders. Moral of this is that you have to work hard on what you are aiming for and ignore what other people are getting over you and be happy for them because they are clearly working just as hard as you. 

 Another thing I've changed recently is my healthy well being and this one is possibly the most important. Back at the start of March I got REALLY sick to the point I thought I wasn't coming out alive (but I did three cheers for me) and it made me really think about what the things I was doing in my life that may have caused me to become this ill. Before March I would buy myself a meal deal everyday and never consume anything healthy so I decided to change that and now I buy weekly shops with fruits and proper lunches and I know that sounds SO stupid but trust me I feel sooooooo much better and I'm also saving so much money which is something that I really worry about (It's very annoying but no one is perfect). I also park a 30 min walk away from work and this just gives me that extra exercise I need to increase my steps and it also puts me in a good mood because the scenery is lovely (saying that my job means I'm constantly moving and standing but it's the thought that counts). I work hard trying to upkeep all these things and It's very important to spend time on you and change things in your life you think may be having a bad impact on yourself. 

  I work extremely hard on keeping the right people in my life and also I work hard on keeping the negative people out of my life. I've had to make some seriously hard decisions that I think some teenagers shouldn't even have to think about but I've done them and I've kept my best interests at heart which may be selfish in some ways but you have to work hard on yourself and work hard on keeping yourself sane and happy. People do come and go and some are less expected than others but you have to work hard on making sure you know who is right for you and your well being and make sure you're doing it for you and no one else. I'm feeling very comfortable with the people in my life and so I'll try all I can to keep them in it and I'm excited for the future people I'm yet to meet and work hard to keep in my life. 

 I've learnt from my Dad and Step-mum that you have to work hard to create a good circle of friends and also how to gain respect from large groups of people. My dad started from the bottom and when I see where he is now in just his hobbie amazes me everyday. At the start of my dad's journey with the drifting community he had one other guy working with him collecting money and helping to teach groups of people how to skid. Now thousands of people attend my dad's event each year and every single one of them feel part of a family which blows my mind. He wouldn't be anywhere without my step-mum and the drift family and It think it is so important to accept the help you are offered and help grow together and not separately. You have to work hard to gain someones trust and also to gain a community of people to enjoy something you have created and I hope one day I have something like that to say is all mine. 

I could go on forever about what we work hard for but for now I'll keep it to that and just hope my message has come across some sort of way. Working hard isn't just about what you're doing with your life it's about how you're constantly changing it to make your life the happiest and most fulfilled you can make it. I'm at the bottom right now as a 18 year old girl and I can't tell you how excited I am to work hard for what I want and hopefully have the best possible outcomes. 

Soph X

No comments:

Post a Comment