Sunday 14 May 2017

Let's Talk About Music

LET'S TALK MUSIC


To me music is what makes everything seem better. There are millions and millions of songs out there and there always will be. It's not going anywhere and it certainly will never let you down so how could you hate it? I'm a lover of all types of music from hard core rock (haven't quite got on to the screamo band wagon yet) to cheesy guilty pleasure pop songs and that's what is so fab about it. You have so much choice that it doesn't quite matter if you don't like one particular genre because you have such a variety that you can NEVER get bored. I went to a gig last night and seeing all the fans coming together really inspired me to write something as I felt proud to be part of something that I never even knew I was part of and I'm pretty sure no one else knew either. 
  For me I've grown up around rock music mainly because my uncle was in a rock band and the whole of my mums side sort of followed that so we listened to a lot of Guns 'n' Roses and AC DC which I'm not complaining about. My uncle is an insane guitarist and I love that some of my main memories of a child would be of watching my uncle play guitar, having recording sessions with my brother and his best friends, going on rock camps organised by the band my uncle was in and just having fun evenings playing card games or having a BBQ with wicked guitar solos blaring out. Music brings us all together and I'm very thankful for the memories (tried to get a fall out boy lyric in there). 
   However music really changed my life when I developed a love for bands I found on my own and had my own love for. Muse were the first band I fell in love with by myself and I owe that band a lot because as sad as it sounds they really did get me through some awful years. You can have a really crap day and then pop your earphones in and just get completely lost in the music and that's what I treasure the most. 
  However as I got older and started hanging around with people who had never even heard of Muse I decided to explore some more genres and I'm so glad I've discovered all the music I have. My friend Jade really helped me discover new music even though she probs doesn't know that and I will forever be grateful that she showed me the Weeknd and Frank ocean. Big love. Music can bring people together and also help you learn more about a person. If at 13 years old you told me Paramore and My Chemical Romance were not on constant repeat I would of laughed in your face and told you to shut up but now although Paramore have just released A pretty insane album I actually enjoy a vast range of artists and bands and I'm very okay with that. 

If you're a lover of music like me and are always trying to find decent playlists on spotify then hit me up ( Sophie Erica Foskett ) because I've made a dozen playlists and I'm sure one of them could be of some okay quality. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this rather long post and If you any recommendations for me let me know and I'll defo check that out!



Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment