Tuesday 30 May 2017

Why The Blogger Community Is Fab

I'M ANNOYED 


I was scrolling through my twitter the other day and lucky for me a huge portion of who I follow are bloggers- big, small, committed full timers and some committed part timers and I came across a hashtag that was trending which got me real interested. Everyone was going on about a certain article published by cosmopolitan. Now I started reading said article and I couldn't see much that was wrong with it and then it hit me and boy did it hit me. This article was someone interviewing Sarah Ashcroft who is quite famous on instagram and of course for her blog so it is obviously going to gain a lot of attention. She made some valid points about how maybe some (very few) people may abuse their huge following and maybe lose a bit of commitment to their blog because everything is blowing up and everyone knows who you are all of a sudden but she then went on to say how basically there is no more room for new bloggers. This has infuriated me. I've been blogging for years but not consistently till the start of this year and I bloody love it with all my heart. I don't do it for the views or for the instagram likes I do it because I love to write and I love fashion and I love connecting with people. I'm not going to talk on behalf of the blogging community because i'm the new girl on the block but I can say that we do what we do and we write what we write because we f****** love to and I don't give a damn if there are millions of blogs out there because not only will I carry on doing what I love but I will also carry on to support as many other bloggers as I can because we all have something in common and that is that we have a blog that we take care of and love to death like it's our first born baby. Saying there is no more room for new bloggers is like saying there is no more room for new actors or new films and it's like saying there's no more room for new artists and new music. Absolote bulls*** if people want to write about clothes, food, fitness, lifestyle or even about a bloody new duvet cover they got then let them and don't make them feel like because they are new they won't have views or that it won't be any good or anything different from what is already out there because there are millions of articles written every week and no one gets bored of them so why should it change for blogs. Everyone is different and everyone brings something new and exciting to the game and if they are enjoying it then let them bloody enjoy it. 

So to Sarah Ashcroft i'm really sorry that you feel like people may be copying you or that you feel that no one can get anywhere with blogging anymore but to you I say that the blogging community is not a stupid high school drama it's about people doing what they love and being able to express themselves and no one should judge anyone else who is passionate about what they do especially if you're well known and seen as a role model. I'm not slating her or saying she is a bad human but my reply to the comment 'no more room for new bloggers' is that you're simply wrong. Pick people up please don't drag them down. Don't care about views or about what sponsors you get care about your content and how you feel when you are writing. There is room for a million new bloggers and million new bloggers after them. 
Keep it up you're doing amazing x 

Soph   

No comments:

Post a Comment