Sunday 21 May 2017

Finding The Perfect Prom Dress For You

PROM


I look back at my prom dress and at first I think why do I look like a zebra crossing but then I go on to remember how GOOD  I felt. Finding a Prom dress or a dress for any occasion really is so bloody difficult and it's one of the many reasons why being a girl is so hard but once you have found the perfect thing for you it's hard to stay stressed because it was all worth it in the end (hopefully). 
  I wouldn't say prom was the happiest day of my life because a few people defo spoiled it for me but nothing beats being able to get all glam and wear a dress you can't typically wear on a normal working day (or you can i'm definitely not judging you!) and most importantly to feel good about yourself! I know proms are coming up and if you're like me and you are leaving finding your dress to the last minute then I have a few tips for ya! 

1) THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX
When I went prom dress shopping I wanted to have something that wouldn't stand out, was something everyone would like and something that was long and tight. I was a very shy human at school and I wanted to be able to blend in and not cause any attraction to myself so I stuck to designs and colours that I had seen the previous year and I knew people in my own year would chose. I went shopping with my brothers fiances family and his Fiance actually chose the prom dress I ended up getting and as soon as she picked it out I was completely disgusted by it but she made me try it on anyway and I fell in love! My friends didn't really approve of it and it went against everything I had decided I was looking for but when I put it on I felt so bloody good and I felt like me which I hadn't felt while trying on all the other mainstream and all the norm dresses I had always tried on. Don't get something because everyone else is getting it get something because it represents you and who you are. 

2) FEEL GOOD IN IT 
The most important part of my shopping experience was that I felt I could leave my house in the dress I chose. Yes my dress was VERY in your face but when I put it on I didn't want to take it off! I felt so body confident which I had never felt before and I was so excited to wear something that I knew no one else would have. I tried on sooooo many dresses that I thought would make me fit in and this was the only dress I knew I needed as soon as I put it on. Don't worry about what other people will think or what other people will be wearing because the people you care about will love what you look like no matter what and especially will if you love what you look like too. 

3) DON'T FOLLOW A CROWD
This last tip is that you shouldn't follow where everyone else is going and look in shops that maybe you didn't even think you'd ever enter. Shop about and explore different shops because although they may not be your everyday type of clothing brand they may have you evening glam style and that's exactly what happened to me. I'm sure I went into a department store and found my dress within a brand I'd never even heard of let alone go near and look where I am now. Don't follow everyone else because your perfect dress isn't another persons perfect dress and there's nothing worse than showing up in the same outfit am I right ladies?

If you're going to prom, your graduation or even your Dad's wedding and the dress code is whatever you want (yes this is actually what I've been having to deal with) feel comfortable, yourself and BEAUTIFUL because the best accessory is your smile and you won't have that if you don't feel like you belong in your dress (cheese but true). Hope you enjoyed this post and I wish you a very merry prom. 

Soph X 

No comments:

Post a Comment