Sunday 28 May 2017

Festival Lookbook

FESTIVAL STYLES


Me and the bestie went to We R fest and we danced our little butts off to our much loved Craig David (OH YEAHHH) but finding an outfit to wear proved more difficult then I thought! In typical Soph style I found like 10 outfits the day after and the outfit I wore the morning of the festival BUT that is okay because I have more fests lined up this year thankfully and the outfit I did wear was actually more than alright! I'm just going to get into it now as there are a few.... 

OUTFIT 1- PRETTY IN PINK





This was the outfit I chose to wear on the actual day and my aim was to wear my pink converse and so that is what I did. I find blue denim goes best with pink and so I dusted off my very old (very bummy) topshop shorts that I seem to weirdly only wear at festivals and I got this b-e-a-utiful pink striped dress from Primark but the dress itself is a bit rubbish as its meant to be a tight midi dress but it loses it tightness as the bottom and just looks stupid so I just cut it and bobs your uncle! England at the mo are having a lovely little heatwave so I dressed appropriately for the 27 degrees but also being English I knew that the weather may throw us a curve ball so I tied my nike rain jacket around my waist for just in case and I did actually end up wearing it in the evening as it got seriously chilly.   

OUTFIT 2-KHAKI AND DENIM




This outfit is all about comfort and that what you see is what you get. Denim shorts are all cool and trendy but oh my god are they uncomfortable and let me tell you now sitting on the floor when your bum is half out is the most irritating feeling for me so this dress is literally perfect for comfort. I'm wearing this Khaki midi dress from (you guessed it) Primark and I love everything about it! The colour really compliments my hair and skin tone and the fact I can just chuck it on and it makes a whole outfit is a winner (am I right ladies). Although it is midi and can be a bit tight around your shins you can easily just pull it up a bit and it still looks cute. I paired this dress with my white converse and my really old forever 21 denim jacket that I cut and frayed the bottom. Have to add a pair of sunglasses and of course I've added my Topshop red sunglasses which are actually unavailable now sadly. 

OUTFIT 3- FLARES




This was my original outfit I chose like a week before but once I looked at the weather I thought I would rather not boil to death so I quickly ditched this outfit but I will wear it i'm more than determined. The flares in question are these topshop ribbed leggings that go into a flare at the bottom and i'm so obsessed! They go so well with some red converse and for a bit of a coachella vibe I teamed the flares with this pretty Topshop crop top and I love how free and comfortable this outfit is and lets not forget to mention how airy the top is so when your dancing hard to your favourite acts you won't over heat from layers or long sleeves.

OUTFIT 4 - FLOWY FLORAL 



I've had this dress for the longest time and I am constantly trying to find a place to wear it but I can never pluck up the courage to. This one is actually inspired by what Charlotte wore on the day and she looked cool so I thought I would take inspiration (nick) from her idea and this is what we have. Shes a much cooler blogger and fashion human than me so go read her blog (iamcharlotteolivia) and follow her insta (@iamcharlotteolivia) because you're missing out otherwise. ANYWAYSS back to the outfit I'm wearing this floral printed dress that I found in a charity shop and got for a proper bargain which I'm super chuffed about and underneath i'm wearing my trusty black urban outfitter bralette. Then to finish the look off I'm wearing again my over worn red converse because you can't go wrong with some classics can ya. 

OUTFIT 5- MEGA CROP AND SUPER HIGH WAISTED







This was the outfit I wish I had worn if i'm honest because it's so free and it's the most soph outfit but hey ho we live and learn and i'm sure lovebox will enjoy this outfit (I'll probs change my mind by then but it's the thought that counts). This outfit honestly in every way possible makes me feel the most comfortable from the pj like shorts to wearing a ridiculous cropped top but not caring because the lace underneath covers you up real good. These shorts are from a vintage store in cambridge and they have pockets so basically they are perfect... no biggie. I got this cropped top ages ago from pretty little thing and I got it purely for festivals (I forgot I had it) because I thought it would be perfect for keeping cool and looking even cooler (I'm joking pls don't hate me) and so to make me feel more comfortable wearing it by covering my skin I layered this white lace bralette from primark underneath and I actually love this look! Obviously I'm wearing my black converse because when am I not really. 

So there it is my very time consuming festival lookbook and as this took me so long to bloody do I can't wait to here some thoughts. I wish you many happy festival outings because is there anything better than listening to live music with your mates all covered in glitter? probably.... NOT.

Soph X 

SONG OF THE BLOG- ROLLING / CALVIN HARRIS (he is bloody killing it, four for you glenn coco you go glenn coco) 

No comments:

Post a Comment