Thursday 25 May 2017

Day VS. Night Summer Trousers

DAY VS. NIGHT



I want to start putting more consistent content on my blog and I thought I would start a Day vs night series as I am the master at only buying things I can wear for multiple occasions (because I'm stingy) so here is my first victim.... My striped trousers from Topshop. 

DAY- WORK AND SHOPPING 





To be honest I was bloody boiling in this outfit but I went with it (do it for the blog) and I actually really like how cute this outfit was. The trousers in question are navy striped trousers and I wanted to contrast the smart bottoms with a really cute frill layered top to make the outfit look more casual but still summery. Seeing as I was working and during the day you tend to be doing something that involves having to try and look presentable I thought I would try hard with a nice outfit that I wouldn't feel slobby in (most of the time I do so I'm not kidding anyone) and I think it was successful in a I look put together kind of way. Also wearing my trusty stan smiths because they are comfy and so easy to wear. 

NIGHT-PUB DINNER AND BEER GARDEN





There is absolutely nothing I love more than nice hot evenings. I was born in July and I am 100% a summer baby through and through. I hate the cold and I come through with my summer wardrobe because it is sooooo bloody easy as you don't have to worry about layers and all that jazz so when it came to a nice chilled wednesday date night at the local pub I went for something super comfy but also something that looks put together. I paired my trusty trousers with a plain white oversized H&M basic with a pretty white lace bralette underneath from Primark that was such a bargain (their bra game is so strong at the mo). I also wore these beautiful black sandals again from Primark that I'm going to go back and buy them in all sorts of colours. Because this outfit was on such a chilled out level I decided I wanted to go ahead and wear as much jewellery as I could that wouldn't be too in your face so I've chosen some subtle silver pieces, my fav double hooped earrings from Primark, Celtic styled toe ring also from Primark (apparently I was really feeling primark this night) and of course my links necklace and bracelet that never come off my body. 

And so there you have it, how to style a pair of striped trousers for either a casual look or a more try hard type of outfit! Hope you liked this as I'll be doing more of this type of thing in the future! Happy kopperberg drinking in this wonderful beer garden weather. 

Soph X

No comments:

Post a Comment