Wednesday 6 September 2017

BALENCIAGA EXHIBITION- V&A

A V&A EXHIBITION

'A woman has no need to be perfect or even beautiful to wear my dresses. The dress will do all that for her.'


To say I enjoyed this exhibition was an understatement. I've been to many a V&A fashion exhibition from being a fashion student and all but this has defo got to be one of my favourites so far. Nothing in this whole universe will beat what my eyes saw at the Alexander McQueen exhibition they did but this one has got to be a close second and some of these garments are absolutely beautiful. 

I went to London very spontaneously with my bestie Charlotte and we giggled and walked and just generally enjoyed ourselves the whole time but to know I can do all of this while doing something that I love makes it sooooo much better. I'm lucky Charlotte loves fashion just as much if not probs more than me so I can still go to things like this and have someone else be equally excited as I am. 

Anyway I don't have much to say apart from LOOK AT ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL PIECES. To know he learnt this all at such a young age and knew all the tricks of the trade seriously inspires me to continue my dreams of working in more than one section of the fashion industry. Here is to hard work and dedication for the thing he loved the most.

Cristóbal Balenciaga Eizaguirre- 1895-1972
















 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment