Friday 22 September 2017

Dear Boys,

Dear Boys,

         I am not going to sit here and say girls are perfect. We can be moody and distant, we can be over emotional and extra soppy, We can do this really great thing at making it look like we don't care and we can do this really stupid thing of showing we care too much. Depending on the boy and the situation these things apply to most girls and if they don't then I don't know how you girls do it. I am also not going to sit here and say this is aimed at all boys but the majority of you could do with reading this.
  Too many times have I myself and other girls felt sad and unappreciated because of a boy. I have been made to feel like their is something wrong with my appearance, my personality and even my age. Other girls I know have been cheated on and made to believe it was their fault. We have been made to feel like we are only ever in the wrong and if something has gone wrong we should only blame ourselves.
  Boys will never understand what girls go through and how their emotions are on a constant loop. Each month we have to go through pain, we have to go through feeling insecure and paranoid about  silly stuff and so many other things. Periods are something that are neither enjoyable physically and mentally yet that is not an excuse for you boys to think it's a fair reason for you to blame why we are feeling vulnerable and unwanted on and most of the time it is still because you are being an arsehole.
   I do not have the authority to speak for every single female that walks the planet but I know from personal experience and sadly other girls in my life that boys, especially from my generation, do not know how to appreciate what is good until it is gone. Oh and trust me when we are gone it took us many sleepless nights to do it because we care and we secretly hold on because we think it is all going to work out in the end. We are not stupid or dumb for trusting in someone to change because you hope that maybe they like/love you enough to stop causing you pain and sometimes boys take note and do but sadly most of the time they don't.
  Why do you think it is okay to have little to no contact without warning and then not go on to think about the girl you have been dating/seeing/in a relationship with? Why is that okay to do to anyone? It's not. the truth may really hurt but lying and making someone rack their brains over what they have done wrong is more painful than being a man and coming clean about how you feel. Grow some balls.
   You say it's wrong timing and that We are great girls but really if you thought that you wouldn't of spent months building up a girls trust and confidence in you to then let her down 'gently'.


Girls do not settle for boys who make you doubt yourself or who make you feel like you're constantly in the wrong because there will be a man out there that wants you for you and nothing less.


Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment