Tuesday 29 August 2017

One Of The Best Days Of My Life

MR&MRS 


I don't think I have ever felt so many emotions in the space of one day but I guess when your Dad who deserves all the happiness in the world gets to marry someone who also deserves all the happiness in the world you can't help but feel happy, excited, nervous and most importantly proud. 





On the morning of the wedding I woke up at 7am and did my usual check of my phone and when I went to flick quickly through faccebook I had already seen so many people write status wishing them luck and congratulating them on their special day. My (official) parents are so unbelievably loved by literally hundreds of people maybe even a thousand or so and although at times I have to compete for the attention of a well respected race car driver and drifting king (which I'm not mad about) I can not be more proud to know that hundreds of people love my dad and my new mum just as much as I do. I can never really explain the drift family my dad and min have created to people who have no idea about it but they are the most loving, accepting and fun group of people you will ever meet. A lot of people don't really know me and to be honest I understand why but whenever I can make an event I am always welcomed with open arms and I'm always treated like the boss' daughter. 






It came to the wedding and seeing min in her dress, with her makeup done and her hair all up nice fighting the tears was incredibly tough. I was lucky to be chosen to sit with min and her dad in the car and even be asked to be a witness. The little things are what I will remember forever. I walked behind Min and made sure to always be there to sort her trail and anything else she needs... always. Seeing my Dad look at Min was something I can't wait to have when I'm older and this whole day is something that has made me so excited for my future. The ceremony was full of laughter and jokes which some people may think is super weird but it sums up my parents perfectly because never do they want to be normal and serious and it made it so warm and fun which is what they are in a nutshell. They even walked out to the song 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams so yeah. 






Minnie has two bestfriends who are again part of this crazy drift family we have and to say they went above and beyond for this wedding doesn't quite do them justice. They have been there every step of the way and so when I walked into the pub holding the wedding reception I knew it was going to look incredible. Min hadn't seen anything and wasn't allowed to know anything and seeing her walk in to this room full of things the girls knew she would love was unforgettable. Min is constantly doing things for everyone else ALWAYS so I think it's fair to say she would of been happy for anything but what she did get was enough to make her feel very incredibly loved which is what we all want very much. FiFi and Kay you're the best. 




I really really really wanted to do a speech at my Dads wedding and so I did but oh my god was that the most nerve racking few minutes of my whole life. My dad is a showman so he can do an amazing speech in his sleep so I had a lot to live up to and with all the lovely comments I was so happy to say I DID IT DAD. However I was such a big ball of nerves (and tears) I couldn't actually see anyone during my speech so I'm excited to see it back and look at their reactions. 

We danced, cried, ate, laughed, cried some more, drank a lot and celebrated the marriage of my parents all night long and for the next few days after. To say this has been one of the best weeks of my life doesn't mean enough because just seeing the two people who support me, look after me, encourage me, make me happy, make me laugh, embarrass me a lot of the time and make me proud just isn't enough. I love my parents more than anything in this whole world and I can not thank you enough Minnie for showing me that I can be loved and I am worthy of a mum but mostly for showing my Dad he can be loved and he is worthy of it. We both love you to the moon and back and we are so happy to finally call you a Foskett. 











I'm going to stop writing now but below I want to put my speech and I hope you have all enjoyed this very soppy and very heart filled blog post. 

'I'm going to keep this short and sweet... like Min but if there is anything my dad has taught me it's how to be a showman so if this goes wrong Dad it's all on you. 
   Anyway if a year or three years ago you told me I would be stood here doing this speech I would of laughed so hard in your face because for years I asked and for years I got 'Soph shut up you're an idiot' (and you think I'm joking) but here we are and this is isn't just the best day of your lives it's on of mine. 
   If I'm honest most kids create this dream in their heads that their parents will be together forever and if not then you will end up with an evil step mum but my reality is the complete opposite and I honestly couldn't think of two better humans to call my parents.
  Seeing my Dad with you Min is the happiest I've ever seen him and you two are so made for each other that no fairy tale ending can beat what you two have shown me and I'm SO glad I've grown up around two dedicated, loving, successful, immature most of the time, slightly alcoholic, funny and accepting people. 
  I'm very proud to be a Foskett but I'm even more proud to have you Min as part of our little family. 
So thank you Dad for not just marrying your best friend but for marrying mine. Here's to you two Mr&Mrs Foskett.
But most importantly to me,
My Dad and my Mum.' 

Soph x
  

No comments:

Post a Comment