Sunday 10 September 2017

A Round Up Of Summer 2017

SUMMER MEMORIES


To say this has been one of the best summers of my life doesn't quite cut it. I've loved and lost, I've experienced a lot of hate and a lot of happiness, I've met people who I never thought I needed but I do and I've seen the people who have been in my life for a while and have made me remembered how lucky I am. Although I'm sad summer is basically over I am SO EXCITED for autumn and winter to roll around so I can drink, boogie, celebrate and eat my way through my favourite time of year with the people who have made me the happiest I have ever been. 

NEW BEGINNINGS 

This summer I have defo had to start over a few times (for good and bad reasons) with certain things like relationships and my job but I don't regret any of it because amazing things have come out of those things. 

 My job has been a huge step up for me and I actually can't quite believe it sometimes that at the age of 19 I'm well on my way to my dream career without the help of uni. I would of loved to of gone to uni and I appreciate everyone who has the balls and determination to do it but what I don't like is how people feel they can shove their opinions down your throat and tell you that you will get no where without it. I am a hands on person and I love to work and learn my way up through things so that is exactly what I am going to do and fuck me am I working hard. My new job doubles up as a day at the gym, it's early mornings and late nights, it's about taking criticism and having to re-do something over and over again until it's perfect BUT it's creative, it's challenging and FUN. I'm pushing myself everyday to become better and better and I've picked it up so quickly if I do say so myself. I'm going to work and push myself harder and hopefully soon I will start to see more of an outcome. 


I'm not going to get in to relationships but I have seen that you need to find yourself someone who is like you in the sense of how driven they are, how mature they are, how they handle certain situations and how fun they are. I think for me I needed to find someone who has experience loss like I have, who knows exactly what they are doing and looks after themselves, maybe someone a bit older and most importantly can be aware of life but can make fun of themselves and who does not take everything so seriously. I need someone who is similar to me, who can wind me up and keep my on my toes and who loves their family and friends like I do HOWEVER I do know that I don't NEED someone but it would be nice to have someone. 

   FRIENDS


This summer would have not been half as good if I wasn't surrounded by my pals. We have laughed, danced our butts off and laughed more. My birthday was one of the highlights of the summer and it was because it made me realise how loving these girlies are. They made my birthday weekend so much fun and I couldn't thank them enough for showing me that I deserve that. The night we went out was the highlight of my WHOLE summer because not only did we make fun of ourselves on the dance floor but we chatted on the top floor of classy revs for hours, mingled with some new people and just ended up having a really fun time. We have made lots of fun summer memories that I will treasure but I'm so excited to carry on the fun memories into the winter because it can only get better.
 


To you Jadey, know that I love you no matter the distance or the amount of times I get to see you. Nothing makes me more proud than to be your friend and I'm so incredibly happy for you. Hard work pays off and you're my biggest inspiration. The summer memories we have made are tiny compared to the previous years but still good nevertheless and I'm grateful you were part of my summer. I miss you everyday but I know you are working hard and succeeding more than anyone I know and no one deserves it more than you. I love you Moon. 

CHARLOTTE



Don't quite know where to start but I will say THANK YOU. I love all my friends but with half of them living away from Cambridge it's not so easy to spend time with them but I know we will see each other after a month or two and still be like we were. With Charlotte things are a little different. We work alongside each other everyday, we laugh and cry together (me more than her haha) and we do this whole blog thing together. We have a bond I couldn't explain even if I tried to (cringe) and so being able to experience all the things I've experienced this summer with you by my side has made everything 200% better. You have got me through a failed relationship and all the crap that came with it, you spent the whole of my birthday weekend with me, We went to festivals and enjoyed some pretty good music and we literally have done everything in between. Stressful days at work are made a little less stressful when I know I can go and see you for a five second laugh over something that wouldn't be funny to anyone else but us. Needing to go out and dance for a good few hours with a jagerbomb and vodka lemonade and knowing you will never turn that down. Being able to go out and chose a restaurant within 10 seconds (always pizza express) and I'll order for the both of us without even needing to ask the question 'what do you want' are some of the things that make me super grateful I grew some balls at the end of last year and invited you to the clothes show with me even though we had never spoken outside of work. We have both had ups and downs this summer but we have gone through it together and that will never change. I love you. BRING ON THE FESTIVE SEASON. 

FAMILY



I don't need to go and explain why my family have made my summer amazing because I've gone on about it enough with my previous blogs but considering this was one of the best days it's only fair to add it onto this already very lengthy blog post about my summer memories and boy will I never forget this. I was able to watch my speech back the other day and it was so lovely to look back at it and know that everything I felt that day have not changed at all. I finally feel complete when it comes to family which is something I have struggled with my whole life so that's an amazing memory within itself. 

TO THE BEST SUMMER EVER



To round this all up I just want to say how content and happy I am. People come and go even the people you really wish would stay but you will always have people who accept you for you and can see past you minor flaws and appreciate you. You should surround yourself with people who make you laugh and happy and not people you feel like you are always trying to impress. I hope you made your summer count because you will never get it back and here is to a more festive, chilly and layering season that brings people together and make the end of this year really really special. If you made it this far then well done and I hope your summer was just as good as mine. Over and out. 

Soph X 


No comments:

Post a Comment