Thursday 1 June 2017

Charity Shopping Gems

CHARITY SHOPPING IS FUN


I think people tend to lose how special vintage clothing can be and charity shopping is the perfect way to find one off pieces that you know very little amount of other people will have and that can be really cool and old. People may think it's not for them maybe because they have a more modern style but let me tell you now the stuff you can find will REALLY surprise you! You have to be seriously open minded and be patient because it may take many travels to find one tiny thing or they may all flood in at once but if you keep hopeful and keep your eyes peeled I promise ANYONE can find something it just tends to be slightly easier for people like me who like the styles before Christ. Here are a handful of things I've been lucky to find and I'm so happy I have.

Slight disclaimer that the pictures are not on the best of qualities but ya know it fits in with the retro vibes so we have to deal with it. Damn you natural lighting but also thanks for fitting in with my theme here. 
The perfect evening dress







This dress is soooooo perfect for a more casual evening or if you just want to look a little bit more classy in the summer but without the hassle of having to actual piece an outfit together. This dress is from Marks and Spencers and is in perfect condition so obviously I was going to pick it up for a tenner! The darts on this dress make it fit like a glove and really compliments your body shape and i'm all about that but just to give it volume (describing a dress like it's hair but whatever) I added my western styled belt just to pull the look all together. The shoes I'm wearing are these New Look ones that my friend actually gave me (so i'm basically carrying on the theme here of stealing other peoples clothes) and I love them! I've been looking for a platform strappy black heeled shoe for bloody ages and I just can't find any that I like so when I got these I felt like my life was finally fulfilled. You'll see me in this outfit a lot. 

THAT CLASSIC REEBOK





This one was an absolute gem of a find and I'm so happy I picked it up! I wear red far too often and I love vintage well known brands so this was a defo grab. I actually found this in the men's section (where I find all my clothes) and I think it was like £3.99 which is not bad going for a classic tee like this. I paired this top with another charity shop find which is the green rain coat and I love this coat more than I love sensation crisps and that's A LOT. I'm a sucker for a rain coat so when I saw one in this pretty cool green I couldn't possibly leave it behind! I again got this in the men's section because I'm secretly a boy at heart and i'm okay with that! I've put these two bargain pieces with my Topshop ripped mom shorts and my classic Stan Smiths because why not. 

BAND MERCH IS IN 




I'm a rock chick through and through so when I found this actual Oasis merch I cried so hard (on the inside of course) and I knew charity shopping was for me. I was born 20 years too late and so seeing Oasis live is less likely than pigs flying (but with all the talks going on right now they just might start growing their wings) so getting any type of merch is okay with me especially when it looks this freaking cool!!!! I'm so obsessed with how bright that blue is but yet it still looks like it's a high street store type of band tee. Hell no guys this is an original and I'm never ever taking it off. To top off this look I'm wearing my (don't laugh) Marks and Spencers trousers and yeah my stans again.... 


So there it is some of my recent and fav charity shop finds. You don't have to spend lots of money on something to really love it and what's even better is that the money does go to charity which makes my heart a little warmer and my purse a little more forgiving. 

Soph X

No comments:

Post a Comment