Sunday 18 June 2017

Styled by my... Dad

KIND OF...




I've been meaning to do another 'styled by' and seeing as it's fathers day and we've just done something very exciting why not let this one be the next in the series and kill two birds with one stone. I say kind of because I don't actually have outfit pics for this post but the top is my uniform and the only interesting part of this outfit and although my dad hasn't actually styled me it's the thought that counts. My dads idea of styling me would be wearing my norfolk arena drift team top and being inside a car so I haven't failed 100%.
 ANYWAY today is fathers day and I know this day can either be a really happy and amazing day to thank the men that raise us or it can be on the not so side great for those who may not have anyone to celebrate it with... see for me it's the other way round and for me mothers day is the day I despise. I have amazing people around me that I can celebrate mothers day with but it still doesn't take away the pain and it makes me more grateful for days like this that I can at least celebrate one of my parents special days! I'm just like my dad as much as we both try and deny it and that makes me happy because I hope that then means I've turned out just fine as a human. 
My dad has taught me a lot of things like to never slam the door otherwise it might dramatically fall off,to not leave the lights on because it racks up the electricity bill or that I need to scrap the shower door after using it so that I don't leave scale marks everywhere and ruin the glass. But the most important thing he has taught is that you have to stick to what you love because no matter how small you may be or how big the thing you love will never stop making you happy. Last weekend my dad run his yearly weekender in which he raises money for a local charity and holds two full days of fun for drifters (most of whom come to our monthly events) who come from all over the country. I wouldn't say the drifting scene is very up my street but the atmosphere and the people are why I go and my dad and his drift family do what they do. The charity we raised just over £3000 for was Nelsons Journey who support bereaved children. So overly proud to know a massive group of people that helped and supported us to create this amazing sum of money for the charity. 

So to all the dads out there keep doing you because you never really know the impact you might be having on your daughter/son. 

Happy fathers day.


Soph x 

No comments:

Post a Comment