Friday 2 June 2017

Remembering the good and BAD memories

REFLECTING ON GOOD AND BAD MEMORIES


Earlier on my auntie shared a memory on facebook and although it was vile looking (on my behalf of course) it made me remember that all memories matter bad and good. Although the memory was when I was in a bad situation in that moment it was good if you get what I mean. I'm so happy I can look back on my life and know that although I have had some seriously dark memories (as i'm sure all of you have too) I've also had some seriously insane and happy ones. But I will always look back on the memories I haven't enjoyed as much as they make you in to the person you are now because every moment in your life changes you and adapts your personality. Bad things happen for a reason because they want to teach us lessons and help us learn the rights and the wrongs of the world. 

My favourite memory of my whole life was (picture above) the day my dadda won his Super Rod (I think) world championship. I remember being a shy little girl watching her dad do what he loves and winning and screaming on the top of my lungs. What made it even better was that my dad wanted me by his side while doing his victory lap and the video makes me laugh so hard because I was so short and tiny compared to him but super proud that I was there to be able to share this amazing life time memory. Nothing beats things like that and I'm still super proud to this day for everything that has come after this moment. You the bomb Dad. 

I also love the memories of feeling happy, laughing till my cheeks can't laugh anymore and just genuinely feeling so care free in the moment. I'm lucky that I get to experience those memories daily because I have the right people in my life. I'll never forget being so ill to the point of near death and not seeing my bestfriend for a week and then when I surprised her on the shop floor we both ran and nearly fell to the floor hugging each other. It was only a week and we acted as if I had been gone for a year but that's why it's such an important memory to me because I'm cared about that much by someone. I also love our memory of dancing and singing (badly) to Craig David live because in that moment it was just us three and nothing else mattered at all (cringe but so true.... can I get an oooohh yeahhh) so thanks Craig you are also the bomb. 

Bad moments happen all the time and although I don't want to elaborate I will say thanks to the bad times because I can look back and say you've taught me to stay away from trouble, know who my true friends/family are and how to finally let go and enjoy myself like I deserve. Never in a millions years did I think my mother, working in a famous childs theme park and fire make so many traumatic memories BUT they have and I don't regret or wish they never happened because if I did I wouldn't be where I am today and most importantly I wouldn't be the Sophie I am today. 

So reminisce on both bad and good times because they're all relevant and have all shaped you into who you are today. Never let it get you down let it make you stronger, 

Soph X 

No comments:

Post a Comment