Tuesday 15 August 2017

Starting the year over... IN AUGUST

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER


'IT'S NEVER TOO LATE - NEVER TOO LATE TO START OVER, NEVER TOO LATE TO BE HAPPY'

Sometimes everyone needs a do over. I need that. Not because my year hasn't been good or that I'm in a rut I can't get out of but because I'm slowly forgetting my 4 key rules to being positive. I'm going back to the old Sophie who thought the world was out to get her and that is the part of me I never want to return. Everyone makes mistakes because how can you live in an imperfect world and expect to be perfect yourself. You will never find a single soul that is perfect because perfect doesn't exist but you should still want to be the best version of you there is. Keeping positive is hard work especially when there are little things to be positive about but I've got a few tips and they might (probably not) help. 

'THERE IS BUT ONE CAUSE OF HUMAN FAILURE. AND THAT IS MAN'S LACK OF FAITH IN HIS TRUE SELF' 
The first thing I need to start living by again is that my body is as good as I make it. If I eat crap and do no exercise then obviously I am not going to look in the mirror and think WOW because that is not how the body works unfortunately BUT why do I body shame myself (a lot) when I wouldn't dare do that to another person? You should be your main priority and if you're going to judge anyone let it be yourself but do not be so hard on yourself! The way to happiness is through loving yourself first (CRINGE I KNOW) and you won't get that if you don't do anything to change your mindset and well being. 

'BE YOURSELF; EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY TAKEN'
There is nothing I love more than learning about another person and seeing how they deal with certain situations. It fascinates me how each human being is so different (deep) and with that means that you can not judge someone else on how they may react to a situation. Yes things like racism and bullying is not okay but if you have the right mindset you will know that and you're already better than them but what I mean is when it comes to things such as jokes to friends that they may not find funny but you do or how some people can brush things off and others can't help but hold a grudge. For me I need to learn that people do not see things from my side and that is mainly just because I can be over emotional most of the time. I need to remember that when someone is not in the best mood and they don't want to have a fun conversation with me it isn't because of me and I need to take a step back and stop blaming myself. I must say, if I feel like I've done something I will ask but what I don't do is believe them when they say I've done nothing and that needs to STOP. I need to stop putting myself down and realise that I'm not that bad otherwise I wouldn't have anyone to be venting their bad mood out on. 

'DON'T BE A BLUEPRINT. BE ORIGINAL'
I tend to listen to people way too much. For example if someone constantly tells me they don't like something I feel like I could potentially start to not like it either. I am not a sheep and I do not follow a crowd but I love to be a people pleaser and sometimes I need to man up and just say 'shut up'. Don't get me wrong people can have their opinion and I respect that UNTIL they shove it down my throat and then that is when I can become frustrated at the situation and when I become frustrated I cave in (painting a real good picture of myself here) BUT what I don't do is let an opinion I think is morally wrong change my view. Like I said I'm not perfect and so sometimes when someone constantly says they hate a certain nightclub I will probably start to as well and it is purely just down to being bored of fighting my side but I must always remember to be myself and know that I am allowed to have an opinion too. 


'DON'T COUNT YOUR DAYS; MAKE THE DAYS COUNT'
This is the most important thing to me that you need to remember. Live every single day like it's your last. Don't go to sleep angry or sad. Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. At the moment all I do is work, eat and sleep and I need to go back to be the exciting and spontaneous Soph I was a few months ago. I shouldn't let my job take away from that and I do not need to be a responsible adult just yet so f*** it. I also shouldn't let people stop me either. With my only friends in Cambridge living away or busy and my other friends living 200 miles away I'm feeling stuck in my own boredom and that is not fun. Must always remember to make the effort both ways and never go a week without some form of social interaction which doesn't include talking to customers about what size a w28 l30 is in 'normal' terms. Be able to look a back on life and know you lived everyday to the fullest (another cringy line for you there). 

And so there you have it. Four things I'm going to start remembering because you can only get better if you want to and the best person to get you through it is you. 

Soph x  

No comments:

Post a Comment