Monday 30 March 2020

Self Isolating With A Psycho

A STORYTIME.

Wow long time no talk. I hope everyone is keeping safe and staying at home during this extremely odd series of events. I'm staying at home but am I keeping safe? Well if I come out of this alive then it could be a miracle. Obviosuly I'm joking but when I tell you something isn't right with one of my housemates I hope you can believe me because it's sounds as crazy as she is. 

When me and Jenna wanted to move to Manchester we got this amazing flat and we were SO excited to move in but a week before we were due to move the flat fell through and alas we were back to square one. We looked and looked but nothing we found would work until Jenna found a houseshare website and we found a place with two rooms spare and we could immediatley move in. Two weeks later it was like we had been in Manchester for months and it all seemed like a nice environment to be in but then about a month in the cracks started to appear and everything was defo not as it seemed. 

A disclaimer here is that I'm sure we are one case in hundreds that have turned out like this. We actually get on really well with our other housemate and when we move out I think we might actually miss him smoking weed in the back garden at 3am while me and Jenna have come in drunk from a night out. 

Anyway back to the story. So we origianlly lived with two other girls and two other boys. The boys had no issue with us at all and were always pleasant with us and the one that is still here is still pleasant. However the two girls started to dislike me and Jenna and I honestly think it was purely because we are friends and the main reason I think that is because whenever she shouts at us (bet you can't wait for that bit) she always refers to us as 'your friend' to the other. She knows our names and the fact we both pay rent still doesn't entitle us to real names or the 'housemate' title just 'the friend'. I digress. 

I was out one night with some work friends when I got a distressed text from 'the friend' which said the psycho (who we won't name) had tried to kick her door down and had screamed 'GO BACK TO WHERE YOU FUCKING COME FROM'. I called her striaght away and asked what the hell had happened. Someone had accidently paused the touchscreen washing machine that had her washing in and she blamed us for it, which was funny because for months she had paused our washing, taken the soaking wet clothes out and dumped them on the dirty kitchen table. She screamed at Jenna for a very long period of time and was extremely aggressive while also telling her we don't belong here and no one wants us to stay. When she shouted at us a couple of months after she told me she listens to my personal conversations and knows we are looking at flats so she hopes they go well so we can 'fuck off', how lovely of her<3

This has happened a few times now for different reasons, but after every argument which turns out to be the thing that she does towards us, it doesnt happen again. For example our washing hasn't been taken out since that night (maybe once or twice actually but still its not every load which is an improvement), We had been getting emails and notes about locking the front and back doors which me and Jenna always do but we are the first out in the morning so they don't stay locked and after she shouted at me about the fact i'm disresectful, because I said 'lock the fucking doors it's not hard' to MYSELF, the doors started to stay locked throughout the day! ! 

Now this morning when I was making some breakfast alone because Jenna was at work she came down and started aggressively accusing me of stealing her containers. Me and Jenna got these Ikea containers before we moved in and have used them throughout the time we have lived here but apparently because of the three containers on my shelf in the fridge this was a perfect time to shout at me for using my own property. I won't lie after this interaction I blubbered like a little baby to my aunty over the phone because not only am I self isolating 100's of miles away from my family I also have to live with a psycho! I thought at one point she was going to hit me but I still came back downstairs with my fourth container that completes MY set and said to her look I have all four so I'm not lying and I certainly DO NOT touch your things. She didn't say a word. 

I know I'm not on the front line saving lives and I'm so incredibly grateful that I'm at home 'safe' but I thought me sharing a small snippet of this story could give you something to enjoy reading for a bit because lets be honest we have plenty of time to do so. I know in a way this is quiet lighthearted and I guess the way I react to things is through sarcasm and humour but I am genuienly the most anxious I've ever been and also incredibly lonely which I'm sure so many people can relate to. So do something to help take your mind off it for 10 minutes and then go back to feeling whatever emotion because you're allowed and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

Wish me luck and wash your hands you detty pig! 

Soph x 

No comments:

Post a Comment